Thank you for your interest in our school!
Getting Learners Permit
- Be at least 15 ½, but under 18 years of age
- Complete the permit application form DL 44.
- Provide your social security number and Birth Certificate
- Submit the driver education certificate of completion
- Pay the application fee
- Pass a vision exam. You may use your eye glasses or contact lenses
- Pass a traffic laws and sign test. 38 correct answers out of 46 questions
BIRTH CERTIFICATE + SSN+ (PINK OR BLUE) DRIVER ED CERT. + APPLICATION FORM DL44 + FEE
Getting Provisional License
- Be 16 years old and have held your permit for a minimum of six months
- Have completed driver education and
- Have completed 6 hours of professional driver training
- Have completed 50 hours of practice with an adult 25 years or older.
(PINK OR BLUE) DRIVER ED CERT.+ BEHIND THE WHEEL CERT. + CAR FOR THE TEST
You must be accompanied by an adult driver whenever you drive between the hours of 11 PM and 5:00 AM or if you transport people under age 20. Restrictions expire after one year of your license.
- After you get your permit you will need to get behind the wheel with a local licensed driving instructor.
- Check out the DMV website for our driving school’s license status on the Occupational License Status Information System database and the instructor’s license status by calling DMV at (916) 229-3127.